For many enterprises, developing a mobile app has become a major priority in order to gain clients. Native app development is an excellent choice among the many possibilities because of the numerous advantages it gives you. This article will provide you with an insight into this strategy and some examples of native applications to consider.
In a nutshell, what is a native application?
Before diving into our selection of native app examples, it’s a good idea to have a basic understanding of native app development. These pieces of information will serve as a good foundation for deciding which app development strategy to use for your company’s operations.
What is Native App Development?
A native app, in its most basic form, is a mobile application created in a specific programming language for a certain mobile operating system (iOS or Android OS). This implies that an Android-only native program will not surface in the App Store or work on an iOS device.
Native apps are created and used within their environment, according to all of the OS’s technological guidelines. A native iOS app, for example, is frequently written in Swift or Objective-C, whereas a native Android app is built in Java code.
Pros of native applications
- As native apps are built and optimized for a single platform, they deliver the best performance.
- Users may tailor each app’s UI/UX to the set platform conventions, resulting in interactive, high-performance user input/output.
- Get complete assistance from Google Play or the App Store, as well as the app marketplace as a whole.
- Because of the single code base feature, there will be fewer bugs throughout development.
- Because any native program must be regulated by its particular OS before being distributed, there is a higher level of security and data protection.
- Allow offline mode to be used.
- Allow developers full access to the operating system’s feature set, including GPS, camera, microphone, and other devices.
- As native apps are built with native SDKs, they have a uniform look and feel.
Native apps disadvantages
- Require a strong knowledge: developers must be diligent in order to work with various codebases for each platform on which they build.
- The OS must be updated on a regular basis.
- You will need IT Specialists other than the software developers you work with on a daily basis – and our software house provides that kind of services to fulfill your project.
Native mobile development tools
A native development tool is a software framework that enables programmers to design apps for a single operating system. Xcode, Android Studio, and React Native are all great native app development frameworks worth checking out.
Both Xcode and Android Studio are classic native app development tools. In more detail, Apple invented and developed Xcode, which is used by programmers to create native iOS apps. In the meantime, Android Studio offers a framework for developing native Android apps. This application adheres to Google’s native SDK.
If you want to take advantage of cross-platform development, React Native is a viable option. React Native is a Facebook-developed open-source platform for creating native Android and iOS apps. Aside from that, it aids e-commerce owners in the development of their apps. You can use React Native to create a native Woocommerce app, for example.
Top 6 Native app examples for the 2022 mobile app marketplace
It should come as no surprise that native apps make up a big amount of the mobile app market. As a result, our native app sample list will include a wide range of industries for your consideration, including messaging services, games, navigation programs, and business apps.
Spotify, a well-known native app example, is one of the must-have programs for music fans to install on their smartphones. It is a digital music service hub that provides users with worldwide access to thousands of songs and podcasts from record labels and media companies.
Apart from that, Spotify has been a good example of a cloud-native application. Spotify has gained considerable performance efficiency in its workloads thanks to Google Cloud, allowing it to better serve its users.
Spotify app Features:
- Allow people to follow their favorite musicians and friends in the following fashion.
- Support for sorting and filtering
- Create a library to keep downloaded tunes and podcasts safe.
- Spotify Radio can be integrated.
WhatsApp, which was created as a native software for iPhones and Android phones, is a widely used messaging service in many regions of the world. This platform was the fourth most downloaded app in the world in Q3 2020, with over 140 million downloads. As a result, in terms of corporate communication tools in the office, this native app example is a viable solution.
- Voice/video calls, as well as voice messaging, are available.
- Allow up to 8 people to participate in a group call.
- End-to-end encryption ensures secure messaging.
- Allow for the sharing of media, such as images, movies, and documents.
- Activate the advanced search option.
Pokemon Go is an augmented reality mobile game that was named the App Store’s 2016 breakout hit. The game’s gaming area is substantially simplified by converting the real world into a game map and making players the controller. The goal of this native app example is to encourage individuals to travel the actual world.
Pokemon Go App Features:
- Integrate AR technology.
- Available in over 110 countries.
- Allow access to GPS.
Another famous example of a native app is Tesla, the most well-known name in the electric vehicle sector. Customers can drive their Tesla automobiles from afar using the Tesla smartphone app. You can monitor how fast your Tesla is charging and even start and stop it using the Tesla app. The dark tone gives it a game-like appearance. The Google Play Store and the Apple App Store both have versions of the app.
- Checking charging time.
- Checking car heating/cooling.
Waze is a GPS navigation app that has received good reviews from drivers all over the world. This native app example is compatible with GPS-enabled smartphones and tablets. The app, in particular, assists users with navigation by giving turn-by-turn directions, route information, and user-submitted journey times. Another advantage of Waze is that it is completely free to download and use.
Waze App Features:
- Integration with Google Assistant.
- Allow user customization with items appearing on the map.
- Allow users to schedule and take note of their drives.
- Generate accurate incident and traffic data.
SoundCloud Pulse is a React Native application that allows producers to manage their accounts and interact with their audiences. During the developing process, SoundCloud ran into numerous issues. The team was unable to locate iOS developers in particular. As a result, the company decided to explore React Native. They quickly discovered that React Native was the best option.
It was also simple because the React Native testing environments looked and functioned almost identically to the native ones, eliminating the need for comparisons. SoundCloud was able to expand its infrastructure by including additional web libraries, which was very significant.
SoundCloud App Features:
- Allows you to create your own playlists.
- Allowed to play it only on the home page.
- Give Access to Numerous Songs, Online & Offline
- Share their playlist with their friends, family members, and colleagues.
- Automatically find similar audio recordings and stream them.
Super Useful Tips to Improve Native Android App Development
Developing native software from the scratch requires a lot of time and work. They necessitate the employment of specific languages, tools, and architecture configurations that deviate from web best practices. They demand a new way of thinking from project managers, more from the standpoint of development and design.
- Know who your customers are
This may sound obvious, but app developers sometimes ignore it due to a lack of time or impatience: you must get people to test your app before it goes live. These can’t be people who were involved in the product’s creation or development in any way. So, what are your plans for putting it to the test? The ease with which people can navigate your app, as well as if it is simple enough to use and does not irritate them, are all crucial factors to consider. One approach to testing and receiving input is through the MVP development process.
- Create user interfaces
Consider many circumstances in which the user might want to use your app and design it accordingly. From a technology standpoint, push notifications are an excellent tool that you should investigate.
When handled correctly, push notifications, on the other hand, can bring customers back to a product at precisely the right time when they are most in need of its services.
- Get feedback in bulk
Native application development can be challenging, especially when working with a sophisticated client API, as is often the case.
Your best opportunity is to emphasize the importance of having a single voice that can synthesis feedback from many parties inside their firm and identify disparities while keeping the product’s goal in mind throughout the early stages of project development. Make it obvious that being that person is the job of your main point of contact, and underline how sticking to that pattern will increase productivity and streamline communication.
Native Mobile App Development Considerations
Native apps are built to use on a particular device and its OS, they have the ability to use device-specific hardware and software. Native apps can provide optimized performance and take advantage of the latest technology, such as GPS. Although the initial cost may be higher with native mobile app development, you’ll end up saving a lot of time and money in the long run, doing it well the first time. You may give your users a more tailored experience by providing a fantastic user experience, better performance, and exploiting device features. This will pay off in the long run. The advantages of a native mobile app combined will result in improved conversion rates and, as a result, increased client loyalty.
Consider using a native mobile app for your next project if you want to achieve similar outcomes. We’d love to discuss the possibilities of your app ideas. Contact us for a free consultation call with our IT consultants.